Thursday, September 24, 2009

Assignment 1- Sport Riddle


Instructions:

Write 10 statements (sentences) describing a sport. Place them in order, from the most difficult to the easiest. You can talk about the type of sport, the benefits and disadvantages, the equipment, cultural references, etc. Be original!

Word count: minimum 50 words.

Deadline:
5-01: October 9th, 2009
5-02: October 6th, 2009
5-03: October 9th, 2009
5-04: October 6th, 2009

Model:

1. This sport is seasonal.
2. It develops balance.
3. It develops leg strength.
4. This sport is mainly individual.
5. This sport can be dangerous.
6. This sport gives an adrenaline rush.
7. You must wear a swimsuit to practise it.
8. The main equipment you need is a big board.
9. The Beach Boys loved it.
10. The name of this sport has only 4 letters.

Can you guess what sport it is?

65 words

3 comments:

  1. Yes, i'm pretty sure that is surf.I don't know many thing about this sport because i never try it but i know enough thing to say it's surf.Did you alredy try to do this sports before ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's surf for sure because you say that we need a big board to do this sport so it's surf or maybe wakeboard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shama- I hadn't thought of wakeboard! It could work, but I don't think the Beach Boys practised it...

    GabrielC- No! I have never tried surfing before! Have you? I heard that it's an incredible feeling. It's like measuring yourself against nature...

    ReplyDelete